Subject: Re: a couple of questions about ver. 2.1
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-12-02

Björn Stenberg wrote:

> If all you want is one more visual charging indicator, by all means
> add a splash. Rebooting just to draw a string on the screen is silly.

Maybe I was unclear about that. On the players, we just splash a
CHARGING text, on the Recorders we enter the charging screen.

> That is a bug which will be removed as soon as we can, since it
> hinders boot by external power (a.k.a car mode).

No, that is not a bug. It is very much intentional by Archos, since it's
their boot loader and their charging screen. We can only get rid of that
if we put Rockbox in flash.