Subject: Re: all flashed recorders, please reflash with my latest

Re: all flashed recorders, please reflash with my latest

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:46:09 +0100 (MET)

Johan wrote:
> Since recent builds (for quite a while) have provided firmware- and
> rockbox flash rocks, would it be safe to add:
>
> If you have a recent rockbox installed (build later than ....) with
> its firmware_flash.rock, you only need to put the firmware_rec*.bin
> files into the root, and use the firmware_flash plugin to flash it.
> Do not forget to flash your favorite Rockbox UCL as well.

Usually you're correct, this applies. For this time, I'd prefer people to
use the plugins in my package (or really fresh ones from the daily build),
because 2 days ago I introduced new checks to prevent programming a firmware for
a wrong model, as far as possible. (I can't distinguish FM and V2, but this
is no harm because they're practically identical.)

For UCLs, you can still program a wrong one, but easily fix it by F1-boot
and using the right one.

Jörg