Subject: Re: Good external microphone?
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-12-03

At 23:13 02/12/03 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>the internal mic of the archos recorder totally sucks!
>So I want to get a preamplified external microphone.
>How about the one sold by archos? Is it any good?
>Any advice is welcome.
>Thanks in advance
> Peter

I have had brilliant results recording with the archos mic.
it is stereo, although due to the close proximity of the two mics, that is
not so relevant.

I am still seriously debating the condenser mic out of an old tape recorder
with a simple transistor amp (smaller than chips) and a AAA battery in a
pen ...hehehehehehe

i would only really bother with stereo from a desk.