Subject: Re: battery problems?
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-12-03

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:14:50 -0800, Jon Drukman <> wrote:

>At 09:28 AM 11/29/2003, Chris Holt wrote:
>>NiMh batteries have a limited number of charge cycles, but do not suffer
>>any substantial "memory effect" like NiCads do. How old is your JBR20,
>>and how many cycles would you estimate you have put on the batteries?
>my jbr20 is around 8 months old and the batteries have been
>charged/depleted less than 100 times. maybe even less than 50. the only
>thing i wonder about is for the first 6 months or so i left the JBR
>connected to the charger almost 100% of the time. does that hurt the

I've bought several JBRs in the last 6 months. The OEM batteries in all of
them were trash. They would not charge in the JBR and overheated in my quick
charger. They're residing in a landfill somewhere now and the JBRs contain
2100 mah batteries that work fine.

Trash the OEM batts and get some good ones. Most any brand will work.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN