Subject: Re: battery problems?
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-12-03

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:14:50 -0800, Jon Drukman <jsd_at_cluttered.com> wrote:

>At 09:28 AM 11/29/2003, Chris Holt wrote:
>>NiMh batteries have a limited number of charge cycles, but do not suffer
>>any substantial "memory effect" like NiCads do. How old is your JBR20,
>>and how many cycles would you estimate you have put on the batteries?
>
>my jbr20 is around 8 months old and the batteries have been
>charged/depleted less than 100 times. maybe even less than 50. the only
>thing i wonder about is for the first 6 months or so i left the JBR
>connected to the charger almost 100% of the time. does that hurt the
>batteries?

I've bought several JBRs in the last 6 months. The OEM batteries in all of
them were trash. They would not charge in the JBR and overheated in my quick
charger. They're residing in a landfill somewhere now and the JBRs contain
2100 mah batteries that work fine.

Trash the OEM batts and get some good ones. Most any brand will work.

John

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net