Subject: Re: FM Reflashing
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2003-12-03

> Jorg wrote:
> >This may be a case of my platform checks being too strict. It checks this
> >by
> >the version number. What does Debug->HW Info give you for the ROM
> version?
> >was prepared to see 1.23 there for FMs, maybe you have a different one?
> I see some interesting information in the Debug->HW Info screen.
> Here's a text snapshot for completeness: (note I have been flashing for
> awhile now)
> [Hardware Info]
> ROM: 2.00 <-- This is where 1.23 was expected, right?

Correct. You have that 2.00 in there for an FM? I thought I've issued that
only for recorders.

This is actually my fault. For the very first flash images I have given out,
I euphorically changed this number to 2.00, thinking this flashing stuff is
worth a new major version. Later I changed my mind and kept the original
version, who knows what it may be good for.
So I use it for a platform check now. I had to code the exception that I
accept 2.00 an a recorder now, because of above. But I didn't expect to find
that on FMs, so the check bails out.

You can flash with "firmware_flash.rock" from a daily build before 11/30,
which didn't have the check. Then your 2.00 is gone and we're consistent again.

Neu: Preissenkung für MMS und FreeMMS!