Subject: OffTopic: Strange beheaviour when charging a FMR (archos firmware )

OffTopic: Strange beheaviour when charging a FMR (archos firmware )

From: Touillaud Nicolas <Nicolas.Touillaud_at_fr.thalesgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:55:40 +0100

Hi all, I've noticed something weird, not related to rockbox but to the fmr
hardware I think.

Here is the story:
My battery is low, the box is off. I plug it, the original firmware apperar
and start charging the unit.
Fine
A few hours latter I check the state of my box: still charging. I take it to
check it's temperature (yes, I'm paranoid...). The moment I move it, the
display change to "Charged". Cool ! What a coincidence !

The thing is, it happened VERY often. When I move/shake the box when it's
still charging and almost charged (average time given by experience, no
electrical mesurement...), the unit display "charged" and stop charging.

It can't be software only, but I doubt the FMR has anything in common with
those "motion charged" watches :)

Maybe shaking the battery ignite some chemical reaction with the ions ?
Maybe I'm getting crasy ?

Any ideas ? Someone ? :)