Subject: Re: battery problems?
From: Remo Hofer (remo.nospam_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2003-12-05

Dennis Lui wrote:

> Speaking of battery problems, does anyone ever experience a "HD Error"
> when charging a JBS10 overnight (8+ hours)???

I did after the harddisk upgrade and only with the unregulated power
supply. With the regulated 9 V power supply, that I use now, it doesn't
happen.

Does it happen with rockbox running or only with the Archos charging
screen? I think to remember, that the Archos firmware tried to prevent
overheating of the power regulator by spinning up the harddisk when the
batteries are fully charged to continue to draw current and preventing
the voltage increase by the unregulated power supply. I guess that the
new harddisk didn't manage to spin up propperly by the commands used by
Archos.

Remo