Subject: Re: Can't flash??
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-12-06

David wrote:
> Now that the flashing is official I decided to give it a try... but it
> does not work! I downloaded the latest flash distribution (that includes
the
> 2.1 release), and when I try to launch the firmware_flash.rock plugin, I
> just get the message "Wrong plugin".
>
> I have a good old
> orginal 6GB recorder, with the following hardware info:
> Rom: 1.18

Oh, that seems very old. My plugin has (too strict, as I see) checks now, it
doesn't believe in recorders to be below 1.24. Not very nice for an official
release, sorry.

You can flash with "firmware_flash.rock" from a daily build before 11/30,
which didn't have the check. Oops, they're slipping away. Attached I send
you a version with relaxed checking, build for the recorder.

Jörg