Subject: Can I download previous email archives & thanks for Rockbox!
From: SteamShip (
Date: 2003-12-06

I just joined after finding out about Rockbox. I was about to upgrade my
Jukebox 6000 to an IPod because I'm completely frustrated with the suckass
Archos WinXP USB drivers crashing WinXP every time I want to update files.
I found the one post in the archives that linked the better Cypress USB
drivers, and
for the first time in over 2 years I can use my Archos with XP !

For that alone I am sooo happy. However now that I have used the features
of Rockbox, I am shocked with excitement. I only found out about it from an
article on page 72 by Chris Pirillo in the November issue of CPU magazine.
I am making a donation now, but wondered if you have a list of previous mail
archives that can be downloaded for offline viewing.

Thanks from a new user to everyone who developed Rockbox. One last
question. Why in the hell doesn't Archos get their head out of their asses
and put a major link and mention of your site and program? It would
dramatically increase the value of their product, and sales. Archos
customer service is the penultimate oxymoron.