Subject: What is the opinion on the best MP3 players now?

What is the opinion on the best MP3 players now?

From: SteamShip <steamship_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 03:57:32 -0500

Now that I found the Rockbox and Cypress WinXP drivers, my Archos 6000 has a
new life. At some point, I may give this to my brother, and get a new mp3
player. Large capacity is important. I can't imagine needing a recorder.
I'm wondering what you all think are the best MP3 players now. The IPod
seems to come out on top of a lot of ratings, but it's expensive. I've been
out of the mp3 player loop for a long time now.

Also, do most of you use the Exact Audio Copy program to extract your mp3's?
I find it so much better than even Audiograbber.