Subject: Re: all flashed FMs and V2s, please reflash with my latest
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-12-06

This worked fine for me. I also had the problem that another poster had,
that my ROM version was 2 instead of 1.23 (FMR). I used an earlier version
as posted earlier and all was well. Is it worth uploading an appropriate
rock to do this to your download page (I used 20031129)?

[IDC]Dragon said:
> Hello FM Flashboxers,
> now it's your turn, the disk power issue is now fixed for FMs, too.
> See my post:
> for details on that for the recorder.
> In essence, it is possible that with a flat battery the box locks you
> out. If the disk wants to spin up, the power demand is higher than what
> a weak battery and the charger can supply, so the power collapses again.
> So far, the Archos charging screen (F1+plugin) was the only way to
> start without disk, but there is a "race condition": If the disk starts
> to draw power for spinup sooner than the Archos charging screen can cut
> it, and the battery does not deliver that current surge, you had no
> chance.
> Now the bootloader detects the charger and shuts off the disk power
> asap. I find it quite critical for FMs and V2s to update, since you
> can't easily charge the battery externally once it went flat.
> Boot loader updates require a full flash with "firmware_flash.rock" and
> the files from below, depending on your model:
> BTW, is there any flashed V2 yet?
> Take care,
> Jörg
> --
> +++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++
> Neu: Preissenkung für MMS und FreeMMS!

Mike Holden

Rockbox page: