Subject: Newbie: Recorder V2 won't load Rockbox

Newbie: Recorder V2 won't load Rockbox

From: H C <hccebay_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:50:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi, All.

I just got my long-awaited new Archos Recorder V2 and
immediately tried to load the latest stable Rockbox
2.1 build (I've been watching your project for a year
now - it looks great!)

I copyied the ajbrec.ajz file to the root of the
Archos, rebooted it, and.... No-Go! It just loads the
Archos ROM firmware.

I tried FAQ Question #64 (about using Directory Snoop
to make sure a deleted .ajc wasn't being loaded), but
this did not have any effect.

I did copy the .rockbox directory tree onto it. This
Recorder V2 is fresh from the factory.

Any ideas?

Should I reformat my Rockboxk hard disk in Windows and
try again, or is reformatting a bad idea?

How do I tell majordomo to send a daily digest only of
this mailing list?

Thanks all, for your help.