Subject: Re: What is the opinion on the best MP3 players now?
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2003-12-07

SteamShip wrote:
> Thank you for your very helpful words. I'm looking seriously at getting
> this model from since it is now only $160 (USD) {131 EUR}
> I am not sure if this is better and works with Rockbox, as compared to this
> more familiar model:
> With the first one, I do not see how the batteries are replaced which I
> would want to do. Can you give me some advice about the first model?

The first is the V2, an FM recorder without the FM. It uses a non-replaceable LiIon battery.

I would personally recommend looking for this model:

It's the "old" recorder model that uses replaceable NiMH AA batteries, just like your current player. It seems to be getting harder to get find in stores though.