Subject: Re: What is the opinion on the best MP3 players now?
From: Daniel Gudlat (gudlat_at_web.de)
Date: 2003-12-08

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> I would personally recommend looking for this model:
> http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500278.html
>
> It's the "old" recorder model that uses replaceable NiMH AA batteries,
> just like your current player. It seems to be getting harder to get
> find in stores though.

Amazon.de still has them in stock. Just type "Archos Jukebox Recorder"
in the search box on their homepage, and you'll get to links for the 6,
15, and 20 GB models. Dunno about shipping overseas, though.

The 20 GB model is bundled with the Mobility Kit (cig lighter adapter,
cassette tape adapter, remote control, another set of headphones,
another line-out to 2xcinch adapter cable) for a somewhat pricey (even
more so at current U$ <-> EUR exchange rates) EUR 279. And Archos seems
to have stopped bundling that "beautiful" blue neoprene purse with
these - there's a sticker that says "in option" for this.

HTH,

Daniel Gudlat