Subject: Re: Playback Question on VBR Recordings w/JBR
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-12-08

Andrew Glass wrote:

> I've been using it to record the audio portion of some
> talk shows. When I copy the files onto my computer at
> work and play them back (either in WinAmp or in
> Windows Media Player) I am having a problem "fast
> forwarding" over the commercials. When I use either
> the progress bar or keyboard to skip ahead I get
> unpredictable results.

Try "Update VBR File". You find it in the ON+Play menu. Select the file
in the browser and press ON and Play simultaneously, then select "Update
VBR File".

This will add/update the Xing header, which contains an index for
seeking in VBR files. This will improve, but not completely solve the
problem.

Linus