Subject: Re: Playlist viewer
From: Daniel Gudlat (
Date: 2003-12-10

Johan Vromans wrote:
> Just wondering: since a directory is essentially a list of files, and
> a playlist is also (essentially) a list of files, would it be possible
> to use the same directory browser to browse playlists as well? This
> would provice a nice, homogenous user interface. E.g., pressing >> on
> a playlist would open it as a directory.
> This would also eliminate the current limitation of the playlist
> viewer that you have to start playing the playlist before you can
> browse it.

I second this idea. In my view (coming from Unix/Linux), a playlist is
just the same as a directory full of symbolic links, so making it as
close to a directory as possible is something I find rather desirable.

I'd also like to see "play" start playing/queuing a directory and ">>"
enter it, but I don't know enough about the other models (have a JBR
myself), to know if this is feasible with the button layout of, e.g.
the player models.

Daniel Gudlat