Subject: Re: Archos Total Cost of Ownership
From: Planet77 (
Date: 2003-12-10

----- Original Message -----
From: "TP Diffenbach" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:29 PM
Subject: Archos Total Cost of Ownership

> 55 weeks ago, I bought my Archos FMR for $270
> In April, I replaced the hard drive with a 60GB for another $170
> Today, I sent it to NewMp3Technology to have a short fixed for $110
> That's a total cost of ownership so far of $550.
> A 40GB "3rd generation" iPod costs $499.
> Other than the fact that I love knowing I can hack on Rockbox, was getting
> the Archos worth it?
> --Tom

I had to pay 250 Euro for an Archos JBR with 20 GB and I am happy with it, it
is about a year old and no problems until now, I flashed it several times and I
am using it nearly everyday.
For me it was worth the 250 Euros. (OK, I spent 25 Euros for other headphones -
I need the Sony 'Groove' headphones)

What does ' have a short fixed' mean?
I don't know what they did but I think 110$ is a lot of money.

Have a nice day