Subject: RE: Archos Total Cost of Ownership
From: Frog Killer (
Date: 2003-12-10

Knowing what you have and what you can do with it, pricesless. I have a AJB
20, Had it for almost 2 years. Thank god I found Rockbox. Today I ordered a
AJBR 20 ($234.61 with shipping included
Not that I will be using the record feature much, but I want to have these
things for a long time. I have never had a problem with this thing. The only
problem is the same everyone had when when they got theirs; the archos

Rockbox ROCKS!

I had to say something sooner or later.

>From: "TP Diffenbach" <>
>To: <>
>Subject: Archos Total Cost of Ownership
>Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:29:59 -0500
>55 weeks ago, I bought my Archos FMR for $270
>In April, I replaced the hard drive with a 60GB for another $170
>Today, I sent it to NewMp3Technology to have a short fixed for $110
>That's a total cost of ownership so far of $550.
>A 40GB "3rd generation" iPod costs $499.
>Other than the fact that I love knowing I can hack on Rockbox, was getting
>the Archos worth it?

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the
FREE McAfee online computer scan!