Subject: Re: Advice on best 60GB HD model for upgrade?
From: Michael O'Quinn (
Date: 2003-12-11

I got my 60GB when they first came out, and I haven't looked back. I have
a Toshiba MK6021GAS, which I have been very happy with. I have heard that
(I think) Fujitsu's are marginally quieter, but they weren't available
when I ordered mine.

4200 RPM is actually preferred, since higher speed drives just consume
more power with no measurable performance impact. I don't THINK an 8MB
buffer helps since the drive is powered down by RockBox between reads.
That may have changed, though -- maybe someone else can confirm whether or
not that is still true.