Subject: Re: What would you reccommend
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-12-11

At 01:22 11/12/03 +0000, you wrote:
>I have wanted an archos player for a few years. Now I have the money to
>get one and an interest in programming for them. I'd like to get the
>recorder v2 unit or the recorder FM unit. However, both of these units
>seem to use a non-replaceable li-ion battery. Is this correct? If it can
>be replaced, is a higher capacity battery avalible. Also, can the memory
>be upgraded in these units as shown in the hardware mods? I appreciate
>your answers.
>
>Reguards,
>Chris

Yes, also consider that:
# The digital I/O is crippled (don't recall which way)
# The headphone socket is on the side no the end (only a concern if kept in
a pocket)
# The battery can be allegedly replaced by sending the unit (complete) back
to archos (who would hopefully return your hdd in tact) ...nobody has
tested this yet!
# More complaints are posted about FM/V2 than any other unit! (maybe we
just have more FM/V2 members?)

There are no known v2 memory upgrades, so you could experiment with yours?

BC