Subject: RE: Advice on best 60GB HD model for upgrade?
From: Henry Tremolo (
Date: 2003-12-11

>Just wanted to see which model & specs those of you who have upgraded your
>20GB recorder HD to a 60GB have used, since HD technology has improved.

I bought Hitachi Travelstar 80GN ATA100 80GB 4200RPM disk and I like
it. Quite silent compared the existing (original) disk. Rockbox debug
shows ID string: "IC25N080ATMR04-0". Spinup time is around 2700ms.

As the people here said me before buying, 4200RPM is good, no point
in having any faster. And the buffer size, as I have heard, is not

Price of the HDD was 233.90E in Finland.

Replacing the HDD was easy, and there are two pages full of hints,
links found under rockbox site.

>Also, it looks like I have to get an adapter plug to FAT32 format it
>according to this guide:
I used an adapter also, it cost 6E. Actually, i bought two of them
to access original and new disk at same time to copy data from old
to new. It was worth of money, i think.

Parhaat hakupalvelut yhdessä osoitteessa:

Suomalaisten yritysten tuotteet ja palvelut: