Subject: RE: Advice on best 60GB HD model for upgrade?

RE: Advice on best 60GB HD model for upgrade?

From: Henry Tremolo <djtremolo_at_suomi24.fi>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:55:49 +0200

>Just wanted to see which model & specs those of you who have upgraded your
>20GB recorder HD to a 60GB have used, since HD technology has improved.
Hello!

I bought Hitachi Travelstar 80GN ATA100 80GB 4200RPM disk and I like
it. Quite silent compared the existing (original) disk. Rockbox debug
shows ID string: "IC25N080ATMR04-0". Spinup time is around 2700ms.

As the people here said me before buying, 4200RPM is good, no point
in having any faster. And the buffer size, as I have heard, is not
important.

Price of the HDD was 233.90E in Finland.

Replacing the HDD was easy, and there are two pages full of hints,
links found under rockbox site.

>Also, it looks like I have to get an adapter plug to FAT32 format it
>according to this guide: http://www2.funmp3players.com/reviews/modify/
I used an adapter also, it cost 6E. Actually, i bought two of them
to access original and new disk at same time to copy data from old
to new. It was worth of money, i think.

-sami-

Parhaat hakupalvelut yhdessä osoitteessa: http://www.eniro.fi/

Suomalaisten yritysten tuotteet ja palvelut: http://yritykset.eniro.fi/