Subject: Re: Upside down
From: David S. Geirsson (
Date: 2003-12-11

Alright, try again (I replied to this earlier with a non-subscribed
address, so it was dropped. :)

Not being a rockbox hacker (no time), this is just what I saw with a
quick glance of the LCD driver code:

lcd_write(true, LCD_SET_COM_OUTPUT_SCAN_DIRECTION + 8); /* mirror vertical: 1 */

So, appearently the LCD can read the data in reverse, which negates
having to bitswap everything before you display it.

* Johan Vromans <> [Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 02:20:38PM +0100]:
> Occasionally, I find myself listening to my AJBR20 while it is lying
> on its back with the ear plug connector facing me (upside
> down). Mainly because then the ear plug cord is always just a few
> inches too short. So instead of buying a extension cord, would it be
> easy and straightforward to change the display to show its contents
> 180 degrees rotated?

> -- Johan

David S. Geirsson
Loesje International