Subject: Re: Analyzing Open Neo

Re: Analyzing Open Neo

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:12:53 +0100 (MET)

> In general, their software is VERY
> similar to Rockbox, and it wouldn't take anyone involved many hours to add
> their changes to Rockbox and have Rockbox being able to build and run on
> the Neo.

Yes, that would probably be the best way to go, join the projects.
After all, the Archos Player and Recorder are certainly much more different
to each other than the Neo, and we still maintain one code base for them.

> They:
> * haven't kept up with Jörg's tree.[ch] changes
> * haven't kept up with the warning-removal from the simulator builds
> * still have that buffer overflow in the wps code
> * still have an integer overflow bug in mpeg.c

This shows we're "innovating away" from them. Unless more Neo developers
join there, OpenNeo will always be the ugly little brother of Rockbox. Again,
let's join the forces!

Jörg