Subject: FM Doom problems was Re: ANNOUNCE: Doom runs on AJB
From: Nathan Gray (
Date: 2003-12-14

Not sure what the problem is but after roloing to your Doom fm firmware and
attempting to run the enclosed video plugin to check out the doom playing, I
get the "plugin returned error" error again.

Just thought it should be known if not already, that it's broken for some
Prior to the rolo I was running flashed cvs of 03-12-13

>From: "[IDC]Dragon" <>
>Subject: Re: FM Reflashing
>Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:45:37 +0100 (MET)
> > Jorg wrote:
> > >This may be a case of my platform checks being too strict. It checks
> >
> > >by
> > >the version number. What does Debug->HW Info give you for the ROM
> > version?
> > >was prepared to see 1.23 there for FMs, maybe you have a different one?
> >
> > I see some interesting information in the Debug->HW Info screen.
> > Here's a text snapshot for completeness: (note I have been flashing for
> > awhile now)
> >
> > [Hardware Info]
> > ROM: 2.00 <-- This is where 1.23 was expected, right?
>Correct. You have that 2.00 in there for an FM? I thought I've issued that
>only for recorders.
>This is actually my fault. For the very first flash images I have given
>I euphorically changed this number to 2.00, thinking this flashing stuff is
>worth a new major version. Later I changed my mind and kept the original
>version, who knows what it may be good for.
>So I use it for a platform check now. I had to code the exception that I
>accept 2.00 an a recorder now, because of above. But I didn't expect to
>that on FMs, so the check bails out.
>You can flash with "firmware_flash.rock" from a daily build before 11/30,
>which didn't have the check. Then your 2.00 is gone and we're consistent
>+++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++
>Neu: Preissenkung für MMS und FreeMMS!

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year — six months
@$9.95/month. Sign up now!