Subject: Flashing the bootloader (FM w/2.1)

Flashing the bootloader (FM w/2.1)

From: <rbauer_at_tekro.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 04:18:20 -0500 (EST)

Jörg & all,

I was pretty excited to see there was an update to version 2.1 so I ran
the 2.1 UCL file and smoothly upgraded to v2.1. I then saw the posts
regarding updating the bootloader. I've tried the F3 trick and no, my FM
recorder boots up just fine - which tells me I don't have the latest
bootloader.

I downloaded the latest and greatest files. Placed them where they needed
to be and ROLOed the arz. Then went to run firmware_flash.rock and it
complained about the plugin version.

I appear to have the same problem as David:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-12/0210.shtml

Although I'm running the FM recorder instead of the recorder (I did try
the firmware_flash.rock file you had attached and it was asking for the
"rec" version of the firmware and I thought about renaming the "fm" to
"rec", but I then thought that's probably a quick way to botch my
JukeBox). The ROM is version 2.0 (I can post additional info if needed).
Is there a collection of steps or a file I should use.

I've got to say thanks to all the coders! You guys have been doing an
awesome job improving the JukeBox's use-ability!