Subject: Re: Flashing the bootloader (FM w/2.1)

Re: Flashing the bootloader (FM w/2.1)

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:28:56 +0100 (MET)

> I downloaded the latest and greatest files. Placed them where they needed
> to be and ROLOed the arz. Then went to run firmware_flash.rock and it
> complained about the plugin version.
>
> I appear to have the same problem as David:
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-12/0210.shtml

Yes, sorry, firmware_flash.rock from the 2.1 distribution had a new safety
check which was too picky, it complains about old recorders or early FM flash
content. Use a current one, please. I will exchange the plugin within the
distribution.

> Although I'm running the FM recorder instead of the recorder (I did try
> the firmware_flash.rock file you had attached and it was asking for the
> "rec" version of the firmware and I thought about renaming the "fm" to
> "rec", but I then thought that's probably a quick way to botch my
> JukeBox).

Correct, please never ever think about renaming stuff. If it doesn't work
right away, don't force it. The safety checks are there to protect your box,
don't try to circumvent them. A non-flashed box is way better than a misflashed
one.

Jörg