Subject: Re: Anybody flash a JBR V2 yet?
From: Rasmus Lerdorf (rasmus_at_lerdorf.com)
Date: 2003-12-14

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> I checked the archives and I saw the announcement that the V2 is now
> flashable, along with the call for a victim to go first. So did anybody
> try it yet?

Well, nobody answered, so I went ahead and did it. Worked fine. My rom
info was:

  ROM: 1.23
  Mask: 0x504
  USB: Positive
  ATA: 0x200,master
  PR: positive
  Flash: M=BF D=D6
  ROM CRC: 0x222F V1

The standard Archos firmware startup/shutdown takes an excruciatingly long
time. This flash-booted Rockbox is extremely nice.

Two things I have noticed going from the default firmware to Rockbox on
this JBR V2 are:

 a. I like how the Archos firmware accelerates the scrolling the longer
    you hold down the scroll button. I couldn't find an option for this
    in the Rockbox firmware.

 b. Is it just me or is the Rockbox sound a little thin in the middle
    frequencies compared to the Archos firmware sound?

-Rasmus