Subject: Re: how to do you own .rvf Rockbox Video File

Re: how to do you own .rvf Rockbox Video File

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:47:49 +0000

It's a good idea, being able to place any type of file into the playlist - especially
with the new video format. However, I think with regards to the video and audio synching
problem it would be much better if the plugin API was extended to playing MP3's so the
video plugin could play audio. How possible is this?

It would be quite fun - we could then implement games with sound effects!

Mat
-----Original Message-----From: Eric Linenberg <elinenbe_at_umich.edu>To: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>CC: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 15/12/2003 05:13Subject: Re: how to do you own .rvf Rockbox Video FileI just converted the first simpsons episode and I realize there are

some things that would make the video player much better. Currently

it is almost impossible to synch the video and audio perfectly even if

I make a mp3 with a count-down intro that goes something like

"three-two-one, start the video NOW!"

What about making playlists load different types of files? For

instance, here is my suggestion.

here is a playlist file:

/.rockbox/video.cfg // config file that sets backlight to on, and

                       // alters the contrast

simpsons.rvf,simpsons.mp3 // load the mp3 and rvf at the same time

                          // then set them to pause (when I press

                          // play, they go together!

/.rockbox/default.cfg // config file that is normal

-e

ID> Hi,

ID> I've uploaded some tools in the doom directory:

ID> http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/doom/

ID> All zip files except the big one are updated, there is a new one for source

ID> code and tools. The video.rock plugin in the rec/fm.zip has been tweaked, now

ID> does 71 fps from files.

ID> To do your own video, you need to:

ID> 1. make a .AVI file with 112*64 resolution (for best results: the pixels

ID> have a 0.8 aspect ratio)

ID> 2. run avi2yuv.exe to convert it to raw data

ID> 3. use my halftone.exe to convert to Rockbox format, see command line help

ID> for options.

ID> I'm looking forward to see your clips,

ID> Jörg

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com