Subject: Re: Avos and strategy
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2003-12-15

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Jimmy Moore wrote:

> I doubt it if they carry on thinking they can *laugh* sell their firmware,
> and sue anyone who dares to try and make better firmware.

The thing is, and this is an important thing to notice: they don't sue us for
making a better firmware. How could they?

I very much doubt that they can or will sue anyone for making a better
firmware for the Multimedia series. At least not in Europe.

I think the whole Avos business is either:

 1. a hoax
 2. the mail sent to Archos was somehow threatening or abusive
 3. parts of Avos consist of stuff Archos made/owns

.. but as has been said before, until we get to see the truth, we can only

 Daniel Stenberg -- --