Subject: RE: Differences between V2 and original and FW
From: Dan McLaughlin (
Date: 2003-12-16

Yes the V2 charged on USB. Overall I'm not convinced the older version
is the better. The V2 has crummy buttons (I hate those), but is slimmer
and appears to have a quieter hard drive. And it charges on USB. But it
does have a non standard USB cable, and I like to have multiple cables
for the different computers I use. And it doesn't have the SPDIF. I
don't care too much one way or another about the batteries.

Over all, I guess I'll stick with the older version, if just for the