Subject: RE: HD Problems
Date: 2003-12-16

>Does it get stuck on boot, or during playing?
first during play, but when i try to reboot it gets stuck during the reboot

>Does the red led come on when it gets stuck?

the first time it comes, and stays on, but when it gets stuck during boot it doesn't even come on.

>Does it every spontaneously ROLO or show a screen that reads "IlInstr"?
>(Only applies if you're running Rockbox, not the Archos firmware.)

using archos firmware.

>When it gets stuck on start up, does the green led come on? Does the LCD
>light up? Does anything appear on the LCD?
Yes, it comes on, and i get the archos splash screen. the bar runs almost halfway through, and then gets stuck (no red led).

-----Original Message-----]On
Behalf Of
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 5:48 PM
Subject: HD Problems

I have an FMR, and Ive been having some trouble with random HD lockups. I
could listen for hours with out any problems, but then the HD gets "stuck"
(it sounds like it starts to spin-up, but then stops and stars again, and
again...). Shutting off and restarting it doesn't help, 'couse it will then
get stuck during startup. I have to wait awhile (it varies, sometimes 5mins,
and sometimes a whole night). The only reason I could think of is the
temperature where I'm listening: ~10C.
Anyone know if cold can couse this problem?

Walla! Mail, Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Walla! at: