Subject: Re: XP vs. 2000 (was: Avos and strategy (was: avos))

Re: XP vs. 2000 (was: Avos and strategy (was: avos))

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:21:07 +0100

> I did find that 2000 was slighly more stable than XP,
> but only slightly. XP's improvements are worth it.
stability depends on the device drivers, too - maybe most
crashes of OS`s are because of buggy drivers.
i had several issues with my vga-driver on my notebook.
but - some of those crashes resulted in XP recognizing the
crash and automatically switching to standard vga at 640x480 !
and that`s a point where even linux can`t compete - at least
i have seen several linux boxes crashed completely (no ping
from network anymore) due to buggy Xserver/videodriver. maybe
this is better now in Xfree 4.2.x - but i don`t know.

regards
roland