Subject: Re: BUGS - ARGH
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-12-16

hi !

> > windres -i uisw32.rc -o /home/rockbox/rockbox-2.1/s/uisw32-res.o
> > uisw32.rc:11:20: afxres.h: No such file or directory
>
> No clue.

this error message was in the simulator build as far as i can remember back.

>/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>//
>// Generated from the TEXTINCLUDE 2 resource.
>//
>#ifndef __MINGW32__
>#include "afxres.h"
>#endif

there seems no real dependency to that file. it think we should comment that out, until someone complains, why it should be in. i
don`t find afxres.h in any of my cygwin installations.

> > Screen display is corrupt in simulator.
> > This can be fixed by:
> Hm. Why do you get problems with this when others have not seen them? I'm just
> curious so that fixing this with your proposal don't break it for others.
maybe "corrupt" was too harsh words from BC - but i have seen this too.
daniel - BC did the right thing here!
in older simulator builds, the screen display was perfect - but suddenly i could see somewhat vertical and horizontal "interference
lines" in the simulator screen. that was somewhat annoying, but i didn`t report that as a bug on the ML. you couldn`t really see
them very well, but i can post a screenshot if you like. BC`s modification seems to work good - display now seems to look perfect
again. (seems, win32 simulator isn`t very popular :D )

regards
roland