Subject: Re: Batteries?
From: Michael O'Quinn (michael_at_oquinn.info)
Date: 2003-12-17

I'm not sure. I have a battery tester that attempts to determine just
that, and I tried it on Ray-O-Vac rechargeable Alkalines. They came out at
about 900-1000 mAh. I would expect quality name brand (Duracell,
Energizer) to be somewhat higher.

CAUTION: Be careful! I've heard some discussion that loading Alkaline
batteries might cause an over voltage condition on your Archos device.
And heaven forbid should you accidentally connect the charger and walk
away...

I personally would not put Alaklines in my unit.

Michael