Subject: Re: Batteries?
From: Brian (
Date: 2003-12-17

When i put regular batteries in my unit, many things went wrong,
permanantly. this could be solely the batteries or maybe something else,
but when i put batteries in, the unit was very shaky with the NIMH batteries
and a few seconds after each HD spindown there was a very loud noise as if
the hard drive was trying to stop and go at the same time.

Moral of the story: alkaline batteries = never.