Subject: RE: Archos USB A-Male to A-Male against USB Law , and also a SEAR CH function

RE: Archos USB A-Male to A-Male against USB Law , and also a SEAR CH function

From: Elliott, Tim <Tim.Elliott_at_ips-sendero.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:17:29 -0700

Hi Guys, I usually just Lurk but since no one said anything about the
following, I thought I would speak up.
Take a look at this link...

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=131+0936

It is a small adapter that you can carry around with you and plug it onto
the end of any standard USB cable to convert that cable into a Male-A to
Male-A. I have A couple of Archos cables, but I use this adapter more than
the original cables.

Also since I am here I might as well ask this..
Does anyone care much for searching capabilities? I wrote a small app in VB
that you run on your PC under windows that basically creates playlists based
on words from the titles of your MP3s. So for example, if you had two MP3s
and their titles were "Going Home for Christmas.mp3" and "Shut up and
Drive.mp3", it would then create seven play lists like the following example
of the folder tree..
You then, just move that folder tree to your Archos and then when you are
looking for a song, but forgot who sings it, or what folder it is in, you
just browse using this newly created search tree and play the m3u. Granted,
there may be several songs in that playlist, but so far this is the only way
I have came up with to search based on words in the title of the song.
I am still working on the code, but if someone wants to play with it and
maybe perfect it or use it, I don't mind sending it.
I just personally could not live with out some way of searching for a song
on my archos FMR20.
Here is the Directory tree..

C:\!Search
        \C