Subject: RE: Problems
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-12-17

Sounds /exactly/ like my description of what happened with my FMR. (No, I'm
not just using your post to push my selfish agenda of bashing FMRs.)

Questions: the green led comes on. Does it (often) stay on only as long as
you are pressing the power button? Can you (rarely) get it to boot all the
way? If so, does it later spontaneously "freeze" or turn itself off?

Does squeezing the unit affect its booting behavior? Does a good squeeze of
the top of the unit make it more likely to boot or to get further in its

If this sounds familiar, the smart money (Linus) says that I've got a short
on the circuit board or it's connection to the chassis. Or, hopefully, I
/did/, it's back from newmp3technology today, so maybe I'll have some good