Subject: Re: Car mode questions

Re: Car mode questions

From: eD\\/ARd0 F/\\KEn^M3 <cojonesdetoro_at_badeddie.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:36:37 -0500

> One more question, with all this talk of V1 no longer shipping, what
> Archos model that can still be bought in large quantities do you
> recommend for this?

You said this was for a public transportation bus-type vehicle? Why not go
with the Neo car in-dash player? You just may want to rig it so it can't be
removed. The Neo probably has already solved the problem of how to do a
proper shutdown when the engine is cut off. Most radios have two DC power
libes, switched and unswitched. The switched line just lets the radio know
that the engine is off. It then 'goes to sleep' but still has power for
keeping the clock updated. (BTW, sorry if I'm telling you something you
already know).