Subject: Re: Enqueing all types.

Re: Enqueing all types.

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:16:46 -0500

YES! I mentioned awhile ago that I'd like to put a config file in the play
list. For example, I've loaned one of my jukeboxes to my 84 year old mother.
She likes audio books and music. Her short term memory is such that she
cannot easily comprehend something as complicated as navigating through the
directory to "run" a config file to change from the music to the book setup.
She can, however, turn the thing on and select a playlist from the root
directory. It would be wonderful to include the appropriate config file at
the top of each list.

For that matter, I move back and forth between music and books often enough
that having a config file as the first entry of each playlist would be very
convenient.

John

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:09:27 +0000, "Mat Holton"
<mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>How difficult would it be to implement making playlists that contain all 'runnable' types?
>
>Are there any inherrent problems in doing this? i.e. why isn't this done now?
>
>Basically, anything that can be 'played' should be able to be queud in a playlist. I know it may sound daft to have a game rock in
>a playlist but I think it should be possible.
>
>mat
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."
>
> They Might Be Giants.

>Surface Inspection Ltd
>www.surface-inspection.com

---