Subject: re: Search Plugin
From: Rune Wiinberg (colourless_at_stud.ku.dk)
Date: 2003-12-17

> -- database, database, database. make a utility that creates
> a database of your player on the computer that you can then just drop
> into /.rockbox/rocks/db/ (it could scan ID3 tags and filenams)

While I completely agree that maintaining a search DB would be way cool. I
simply haven't got the time to write it up right now. (I've got som hardcore
exams comming up soon)

> -- an option to rename the search results, or just use the default
Yes that's a great idea.

> -- maybe list the songs as they are found? (more verbose deiplay)
 I thought of this myself. The problem is how to display searches that
 potentially contain thousands of results. This would need a substantial
 amount of memory to buffer.

> this is a keeper for me!
I'm glad you find it usefull :-)

 / Rune