Subject: RE: Archos USB A-Male to A-Male against USB Law !!!

RE: Archos USB A-Male to A-Male against USB Law !!!

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:15:38 -0500

Steamship wrote:

> When you do technical research on various USB, IDE, SATA, Parallel, SCSI
> cables and how much difference there is in actual measured performance,
> and shielding from other electromagnetic sources, you will know why I am
> looking for quality. I still have not found any, despite the better
> search term that Björn gave me.

Remember that the V1 Rockbox units only run USB 1.1, so it's only 1/40th the
speed of USB 2.0 (assuming theoretical maximums of 12mbps and 480mbps).

Are you getting errors or speed problems when transferring to your Rockboxed
Archos using the stock cable? Is it causing or being affected by some kind
of interference? I'd love to help, but help me by letting me know what
problem you're trying to solve.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell