Subject: RE: Batteries?
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2003-12-17

eD\/ARd0 F/\KEn^M3 wrote:

> My personal 'cheap' favorites are NexCell 2100Mah. They scored very well
> on the 'great battery shootout' (see google) and can be had for a little
> over $1USD each. The really good ones have always been the powerex cells
> by Maha (not to be confused with powerizer, a lousy brand). Powerex are
> expensive but are regarded as 'the best'. Some of the other good brands
> found at the great battery shootout are not readily available in the USA.

Good advice and I agree completely about the quality of the Maha energy
cells. Microcenter currently has 2000mah batteries on sale for $4.94 for a
four-pack, which is a good price -- especially if there's a retail store
near you. I picked up four packs of four and they've been very good
batteries so far (the ones that I've used, that is).

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell