Subject: Re: Good news and bad news - Q about power saver

Re: Good news and bad news - Q about power saver

From: c s <rb_dev_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:37:08 -0800 (PST)

--- TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org> wrote:
> it probably extends battery
> life by about 10%, perhaps as much as 15% if you
> just play long playlists
> without pressing any buttons on the unit. You can
> see some graphs here:

http://www.diffenbach.org/rockbox/ebl_test/results/ebl_results.html

Can you tell us a little bit about the data behind
those graphs?

Is the graph an average of many tests?

How many different units tested?

How many tests total?

Did most or all units tested have individual results
that resemble the graph and *always* (or at least very
consistantly) have similar percentage increases in
total run time?

Also do you have a theory on why the recorder graph
seems indicate that the batteries are drained faster
during the first half of the run despite the fact that
the power saving mode was always on? That doesn't seem
right. Why would the batteries be depleted at a faster
rate at any point on the curve for the "power saving"
mode?

Sorry for all the questions, but that graph did more
to raised questions than to provide answers for me.

=====
Craig

rb_dev_at_yahoo.com