Subject: Re: Search Plugin
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2003-12-18

I like this plugin. I just wish it would only search the directory you are currently in...
if I know the basic location of a file, I can then limit the searches :-)

-----Original Message-----From: Rune Wiinberg <>To: <>Sent: 17/12/2003 17:38Subject: re: Search Plugin> -- database, database, database. make a utility that creates

> a database of your player on the computer that you can then just drop

> into /.rockbox/rocks/db/ (it could scan ID3 tags and filenams)

While I completely agree that maintaining a search DB would be way cool. I

simply haven't got the time to write it up right now. (I've got som hardcore

exams comming up soon)

> -- an option to rename the search results, or just use the default

Yes that's a great idea.

> -- maybe list the songs as they are found? (more verbose deiplay)

 I thought of this myself. The problem is how to display searches that

 potentially contain thousands of results. This would need a substantial

 amount of memory to buffer.

> this is a keeper for me!

I'm glad you find it usefull :-)

 / Rune

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd