Subject: Re: Slow "Lights Out"

Re: Slow "Lights Out"

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:54:19 +0100

Mark Bright wrote:

> I can find no factors to cause it to do one or the other (Switch off or
> Fade), but I have noticed that if it is going to fade, the display goes
> a little BRIGHTER before starting to fade.
>
> Anyone else get this, or know a way to replicate it?

I have worked a lot on this, and have tried to replicate it to no avail.
I have also tried to measure with an oscilloscope, but everytime I
attach the probe, the problem goes away.

I didn't know the fading effect could be seen on plain recorders, so far
only FM recorder users have reported it. Is this perhaps a Recorder V2?

Linus