Subject: Re: Slow "Lights Out"
From: Chris Muth (rockbox_at_muth.cc)
Date: 2003-12-18

Wahoo, I'm not the only one with that feature.
I say feature, because, at least if is always fadded, it would be so nice.

Check out <muth.cc/jukebox.avi> (417k)
That is my JBR15.

One time I went to the backlight duration menu and switched between on and 1s, and sometime it would fade
after one second, and other times it would just go off.

There is some thermal variation to the fade speed.
I was on a road trip one time and if was very cool in the car. Maybe 18.5C / 65F.
The display took around 30 seconds to fully dim. I know this because I was looking at the counter on the WPS.

This happens with the original Archos firmware, Rockbox on disk, and now Rockbox in flash.

-Chris