Subject: Re: The future
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-12-19

Yeah, I'm pretty much resigned to giving up my NiMHs once my Recorders quit.

Maybe one of us could make some money making AA saddlebags for popular
recorders. CD player mfrs used to do that back when the battery life was 2
hours or so. I still have a Panasonic D cell saddlebag for a long gone
player.

Actually I'd not gripe too much about LiIon batteries if they were changeable
like the PJB.

I downloaded that PoGo manual and read it a few minutes ago. Actually looks
like a nice machine. Plenty of buttons so no particular one is overloaded too
much. Already has a single resume feature. Plays files and not a database,
like Rockbox. Hard to tell how big it is from the photo.

Let me get through my current new restaurant opening and maybe I'll buy one to
see what it's like.

John

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:25:48 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
wrote:

>Neon John wrote:
>
>> Maybe I could donate it to one of you
>> core developers after I play with it awhile, if it turns out to be OK
>> hardware.
>
>"Built-in Rechargeable Battery" - YUCK! :-)
>
>But I guess you won't find any NiMH devices anymore. :-(
>
>Linus

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net