Subject: Re: best preamp for archos?
Date: 2003-12-19

I bought a similar unit from them about a year ago, and it didn't have 3
gain ranges. I wish it did. Aside from that, it performs well in field
applications. I've used it to record politcal rallies, on the street
interviews and walking tours. With a good electret mic and voice
applications, the quality is fine for radio.

Sound Professionals lives up to its name.

Another option comes from these folks:

I've bought mics there, and a battery box (plug-in power, no gain) to use
with a mixer/preamp in my home studio.