Subject: Re: Enqueing all types.
From: Johan Vromans (
Date: 2003-12-19

"TP Diffenbach" <> writes:

> or
> directly encode configuration options in an id3 tag.

Hmm. Nice idea, although we'd need a special tool to insert the info
in the ID3 header.

_And_ we need some special variants of some commands. E.g., setting
the volume to 70 does not make much sense, but "volume +10" does (for a
CD that needs a volume boost). Personally, I see use for

  volume +/-
  bass +/-
  treble +/-
  stereo mode

On the other hand, with name-related .cfg files, it will be possible
to associate configs with playlists and directories. For example,
create two identical playlists, foo.m3u and foo-karaoke.m3u, with an
associated foo-karaoke.cfg that sets stereo mode to karaoke.

-- Johan