Subject: RE: FW: RipDrive MP3 player

RE: FW: RipDrive MP3 player

From: <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:44:01 -0500 (EST)

FWIW, I have owned a Pogo RipFlash solid state recorder/player for about 6
months and am satisfied with the firmware quality and the hardware
ruggedness. I like the consistent 10+ hours of battery life (2 * AAA).
Also, unlike Archos, they have put out a firmware upgrade since I have
owned it.

I use it in field recording applications, and I take it on trips when the
Archos JBR is too much. Apart from the limited storage capacity (256 MB),
it is a reasonable device.

Just one thing, though. The USB file transfer on the Ripflash is managed
by their PC application, and will not allow uploading a previously
downloaded file. The Rip**drive** docs seem to indicate that it functions
like an extra disk drive when in USB mode as the Archos does, but I would
want to confirm this.